"ANY MAN DRINKING MILK AT THE POKER TABLE MUST BE FEARED."

Friday, March 28, 2008

BILLY AND MARIE

In news concerning things falling apart, centers not holding, and falcons not hearing falconers -- today a woman asked me what I did.
I told her I play poker.
She said no-- that I didn't understand -- what did I do for living?
Marie Antoinette never said let them eat cake -- but if she had said it, she wouldn't have said it out of spite, like a lot of historians lead people to believe. The truth is that when she was told that the people had no bread, she would have made the cake suggestion out of ignorance -- not out of meanness. She was so sheltered and out of touch that she actually believed the people had a choice between bread and cake and maybe other things, and since bread wasn't available, cake might be a viable option. She would have been making an attempt to solve a problem -- trying to be helpful.
And they cut her head off.

No comments: