"ANY MAN DRINKING MILK AT THE POKER TABLE MUST BE FEARED."

Monday, June 22, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

Thirty-five years on earth -- wow. I'm officially not a little kid anymore. I should have figured out a few things about life by now.
Life is like a poker tournament. Some make the money, some go out early, and it's always good to have fun playing the game. I don't know about the purpose of life, but I'm pretty sure that it's not contest to see who can get through it making the fewest mistakes. Some people play poker like it's that kind of contest -- they usually have issues.
Life's too short for fast food -- except for Chick-Fil-A. They're good. Chick-Fil-A could bring a howling rooster to my table and probably find a way to make me enjoy it. The guy who started Chick-Fil-A also founded a summer camp where kids sing these lyrics to the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic:
I wear my pink pajamas in the summer when it's hot
I wear my flannel nighties in the winter when it's not
And sometimes in the Spring time
And sometimes in the Fall
I jump between the covers with nothing on at all
Glory, Glory, Hallelujah
Glory, Glory, Hallelujah
Glory, Glory, Hallelujah
With nothing on at all.
You gotta love Chick-Fil-A -- no other choice.
Life is different after you follow Davis Blaine for a while. Is he still doing magic?
Life is weird when someone wishes you happy birthday and starts talking about astrological signs.
That's about it.

No comments: