"ANY MAN DRINKING MILK AT THE POKER TABLE MUST BE FEARED."

Saturday, August 29, 2009

THE CONTEST

Two fat women who don't really know each other -- with one little dog, each -- sharing a table on the Starbucks deck. I pick up bits and pieces of their conversation.
"How many?"
"I don't know. About a dozen."
I can't emphasize enough how small the dogs are. One could comfortably fit in a shot glass -- the other would have plenty of playroom in a thimble.
"Wow. Where do you keep them all."
"Here and there."
It was mind-numbing stuff -- complete with complicated coffee.
"Well I've only sold a few."
"Oh."
An important thing to know about the contest is that it was very close -- and, even more importantly, that it didn't end in a tie. Even though the winner was unannounced, they both knew who it was -- with absolutely cogent certainty.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments: