"ANY MAN DRINKING MILK AT THE POKER TABLE MUST BE FEARED."

Monday, August 24, 2009

U READ 2 MUCH UR STRANGE

I just got that text from Kim.
Well, I am strange. Here are 18 strange things about me:
1. I make my best effort to use standard English when texting -- just to be original.
2. I judge other people by how they text.
3. And how they talk with me.
4. And sometimes I tell them -- just to see how they respond to that.
5. And I pay attention to how much sense people make.
6. I'm disinterested by folks who can't carry on a good conversation with me -- I don't usually play with them. Not out of arrogance; it's just simple disinterest.
7. I read and write for fun.
8. I read a lot of writers that most people have never heard of.
9. And reread them.
10. And take notes on the stuff.
11. I read what other people have written about them.
12. I go to lectures to hear people talk about them.
13. I go to meetings with people who do the same thing -- and we have long discussions about what we've read and heard.
14. Over Mickey's Fine Malt Liquor, occasionally
15. On Tuesday afternoons, sometimes.
16. When someone somewhere happens to mention the name of one of those writers, I say "Who's that?" and ask them to send me a text about what they wrote -- immediately -- that's 140 characters or less, buddy -- and make it good, because it's a test.
17. And I wait for the text.
18. And that's no joke.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments: