"ANY MAN DRINKING MILK AT THE POKER TABLE MUST BE FEARED."

Monday, August 18, 2008

RISK ASSESSMENT IS AN ACTIVE PASSTIME



So, it's two-way action in 1-2 no-limit with the rainbow flop of A-A-5 coming down and I check my A-3 -- leaving the bet to a woman who leads out with $25 -- a player who hasn't led out the betting since the early 90s -- it seems like. I fold and she flips over her A-K for the world to see.

Some people charged with murder are granted bail. Some do jump bail, but don't you wonder why more of them don't? Don't they understand that a trial is more of a risk -- that it's probably in their better interest to flee rather than face the court? Maybe the number of people who take the Social Contract seriously is greater than I suspect -- or I could be underestimating the prevalence of the blind complacency of all those folks who choose to submit to a trial.

No comments: